I finished my samples from my weaving class, all eight!
- overshot - 8 shaft twill gamp
- twill sampler - monks belt
- log cabin - indian march
- huck lace - free-form weave
- overshot - 8 shaft twill gamp
- twill sampler - monks belt
- log cabin - indian march
- huck lace - free-form weave
I hand painted my chenille for a scarf (weft) to be done in my weaving class
also hand painted a skirt and shirt since my hands were already covered in dye
and I wound my warp for the scarf and threaded the 4 harness table loom
also worked on my scarf at home on the rigid heddel loom
also hand painted a skirt and shirt since my hands were already covered in dye
and I wound my warp for the scarf and threaded the 4 harness table loom
also worked on my scarf at home on the rigid heddel loom
and I planted a bunch of seeds with the bf for a spectacular summer garden
- nasturtiums - sweet yellow onions
- catnip - 200 lb watermelons!!
- sage - tomatoes
- nasturtiums - sweet yellow onions
- catnip - 200 lb watermelons!!
- sage - tomatoes
Very excited to take pictures of everything and post them, the yarn and skirt came out great, I'm so pleased with the variation of colors. I easily get bored with solid colors, especially in a plain weave, I like to keep things unpredictable and lively.
On a personal note: I am sick (again!) and went to the doctor (again!) and after talking and testing and looking in my nose, the doctor thinks that I might have allergies... well how else would you explain being sick for the majority of the past 3 months? So, armed with antibiotics, afrin, flonase, sudafed, claritin, ibuprofen, cough drops, and cough syrup I hope to beat this illness into submission and keep it from coming back. Only problem is, the bf's father joked that it always seemed like I was getting sick every time I visited... it may be true. I could be allegric to something in their house.
On a personal note: I am sick (again!) and went to the doctor (again!) and after talking and testing and looking in my nose, the doctor thinks that I might have allergies... well how else would you explain being sick for the majority of the past 3 months? So, armed with antibiotics, afrin, flonase, sudafed, claritin, ibuprofen, cough drops, and cough syrup I hope to beat this illness into submission and keep it from coming back. Only problem is, the bf's father joked that it always seemed like I was getting sick every time I visited... it may be true. I could be allegric to something in their house.
I blame it on overexposure.
No comments:
Post a Comment