Saturday, August 29, 2009

when did I become a hippy?

as I stepped out of my prana yoga pants and into my epsom salt bath and lathered up with my dr. bronner's tea tree soap I asked myself, dear god! when did I become such a hippy? I realized I'm crocheting a sage green top in organic cotton, contemplating a good body detox, and wondering where I can buy a gallon jug of dr. bronner's magic soap (yeah, I have a serious love affair with dr. bronner right now). I am also thinking about rejecting processed junk from my diet (well, I might eat a tasty kake and a cheesestake here and there, I'm a philly girl through and through) and getting a serious grip on my life from the inside out.

Ten years ago I never imagined myself driving a littel fuel efficient car (always wanted a ford truck), listening to folky country music (rock + punk then), going to music festivals (again used to be punk shows in basements around the city), and graduating with a BS in marine biology (art school bound since 5), but suddenly, or maybe slowly, I became different. I grew into this person I am today, and now I need to accept this transformation and go full speed ahead into life.


My plan includes:
healthier food, more green tea and fruits, less gluten
yoga as often as possible, short sun salutations daily, longer sessions once a week
exercise, walks, maybe runs if I feel ambitious
better routine, early to bed early to rise
less stress

now the last one will be hard to accomplish, but I'm going to try. I'm going to start by emailing people about grad school applications this week, I NEED TO! I've been bullshitting too much about this and I need to get this done so I can move on with my life. Next will be moving to CT/RI, I've learned as much as he drives me crazy some days, my boyfriend is my greatest stress reliever ever. He makes me laugh more than anyone (except maybe Linda), I can be myself, he lets me nag him when I get overwhelmed with life, and he loves me more than anyone ever has. Plus he gives half decent back rubs, haha. After I make the move it's time to secure a job, any job so I can feel busy and productive, and then switch health insurance plans, because $700/month is way too expensive for me right now.

This is my plan, now I just have to do it. My biggest block is myself right now, once I can get past my own fears, doubts, and criticisms I know I can succeed, more or less.

So tomorrow when I'm doing yoga in the back yard after my green tea and organic fruit breakfast I can concentrate on elevating myself to new levels professionally, scholastically, emotionally, and spiritually, and maybe be at peace with my apparent hippy lifestyle.

No comments:

Post a Comment