Friday I finished my class, sent in applications, did some shopping at target to get travel essentials: quick dry red nail polish, dr. bronner's magic soap - tea tree, plastic travel bottles, bikini top, and a super awesome $40 duffel bag with WHEELS!! Dragging my dive gear around the San Juan airport last year was a little too much for me, so I gave in and bought non-army issued luggage for the first time in my life, haha.

Saturday was a long drive up to NJ for Linda's graduation party. We've lived next door to eachother for 3 years, and been best friends since the moment we met. She's been going through a rough time, and for some reason her life is always more drama filled than daytime TV, but she has such a great sense of humor, is extremely raunchy, and has the best, loudest, most infectious laugh you have ever heard in your life. 12 hours of drinking, 1 dip in the pool, 2 tearfilled conversations, 4 meals, and 5000 laughs later I left with a massive headache but a smile on my face.

Sunday I got home late from Linda's and tried studying for my final. It wasn't easy, between small snacks and naps I managed to do my best to get through 8 chapters of biochemistry.
Monday I took my final, hopped on the train for the last time, got home, packed and headed to our camper in the Poconos to meet with the bf, and had a phone interview for a job out in CA. Last time we saw each other was mid-June for a few days, and before that mid-May, and this time just one night, one day, and one morning, that's all we had, not much time but its better than nothing. Lunch on the pond followed by a tearful goodbye and a 3 hour drive I'm back home.
Now it's all about packing for my month long research trip to the BVI. !!!SUPER EXCITED!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment